September 14, 2014 |
Our Recipes |
Glazed Salmon with Broccoli Rice
Pairs Beautifully with our 2011 Reserve Chardonnay
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 cup long-grain white rice
• 1 head broccoli, florets only, chopped
(about 2 cups)
• 4 pieces skinless salmon fillet
(1 1/4 pounds total)
• 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and soy sauce. Set aside.
2. Cook the rice according to the package directions, stirring in the broccoli during the last 3 minutes.
3. Let the rice and broccoli stand off the heat until the broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, place the salmon and onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
5. Broil until the salmon is opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes, spooning half the soy sauce glaze over the fish during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
6. Serve the salmon and onion with the rice and the remaining glaze.